Health Research Institutes Network
Through initiative of the SERGAS, the managing organization of the Public Health System in Galicia, a Research Health Institutes Network was created and associated with the Public Galician Hospital network in order to promote their interaction and organizational integration with Galician Universities.
The Research Health Institutes are organized under the following objectives:
· Organizational and cultural integration of the most competitive research groups working in Hospitals, universities and other R&D institutions, with a shared research strategy.
· Scientific Plan based on the patient
· Commitment to research results transferable to clinical practices
· Actively regarding its contribution to the economic and social development of Galicia, accessible to the citizenship and in constant contact with society
· Autonomous and efficient management, organization and information systems
· Teaching vocation and guarantee of research excellence.
· Integrate in a strategy plan all the objectives of the groups of the Institute
· International vocation.