International Postgraduate school
Biomedical Sciences and Health Technologies Doctoral School is equipped with an integrated offer, interdisciplinary in english in the area of biology.
Created by agreement of Galician council of ruled from the USC April 19, 2010, the School of International phd, it will foster the incorporation of all universities of the Galician University System, as well as the autonomous Service of Health (SERGAS) through their respective Biomedical Research Institutes. In this way, the School of Doctorate will bring together all the potential in the health sector of the galician community.
- Converting the International School of Doctorate in a cluster of health and welfare strongly integrated in the tissue academic, social and economic of the galician community, acting as the pole of attraction for talent and mobility of students, teachers, researchers and professionals related to the Life Sciences.
- Projecting the School of Doctoral Students to the first line of the international level being a platform for launching to the international arena, through agreements with universities and foreign companies. The ultimate goal is to position internationally School phd candidates to serve as seed and momentum of the knowledge economy in the field of health and welfare.
- – Organizational structure and functioning of its governing bodies
- – Functions, rights and duties of its members
- – Assigning thesis projects as well as thesis committee members and thesis directors
- – Registering activities, criteria for admission, continuance and presentation of thesis
- – Training program
- – System of Internal Guarantee of Quality that allows the monitoring of the activities
- Governing structure:
- – International Advisory Committee
- – Campus Vida Teaching Commission
- – Stuff Subcommission
- – Quality Subcomission
- – Committee of direction of the school
- – Director,sub director and secretary
- – Biological Research applicable to Health
- – Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms, Health Genetics and Illness
- – Treatment Innovation, Drug Design and Medicine Development
- – Clinical and Traslational Research
- – Research in Veterinary Science
- – Research in Clinical Psychology and Health
- – Sociosanitary Environment: Health Education
- – Physical Education and Healthy Free Time
- It is important to emphasize that the incorporation of the Health Research Institutes associated with large hospitals in the community extends the scope of the School of Doctorate until care.
- On the other hand, several companies had already shown their interest in bidding both their teaching skills, such as the incorporation of students in their laboratories.